Date and Venue
- Day 2 – February 7, 2013
- 9:00 AM –9:15 AM – Registration
- 9:15 AM – 9:30 AM – Orientation about the Rules and Guidelines
- 9:30 AM – 12:00 NN – Competition Proper
- ICI Annex 1 – ANIMLAB
Each team shall consist of two (2) members. Team members must be a student and currently enrolled (proofs needed: school ID and certificate of registration/enrollment or a certification from the school) in ICI or any secondary school or in an undergraduate degree program in any School/College/University within Iligan City and its neighboring municipalities. Any question of eligibility should be directed to the Chairman of the Quiz Show Competition.
Note: ICI students involved in any of the ICI-ICT Week committees are NOT ALLOWED to join.
It covers questions concerning:
- History of Computing
- Special Areas in Computing
- Emerging Technologies
- Current Trends in Computing
- Data Structures
- Software Engineering
- Computer Organization
Due to the limitation of computing resources, the number of participants is limited to twelve (12). Registration will be on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and you can pre-register by going to the Academic Head Office – Rm. 312 Diocesan Centrum Bldg. Salvador Lluch St., Iligan City.
- Registration: FREE
- Pre-Registration (on or before February 6, 2013, 5:00 PM)
- The contest is divided into three rounds: Easy, Average, and Difficult, with 10 questions each round. Each team will be provided an answer board which must be raised whenever a team presents its answer. Each question will be read twice. Time allotment for each question is ten (10) seconds unless specified. Timer starts at the end of the second reading. All Questions shall come from the following fields of knowledge: History of Computing, Logic, Computer Programming, Special Areas in Computing and current trends. All teams will advance to play in the average and in the difficult round.
- An answer board will be provided for each team and will be raised whenever a team presents its answer upon completion of the time allotted.
Each question in the easy, average, and difficult rounds is worth 10, 15, and 20 points respectively. At the end of the final round the scores of the each team will be summed up from the easy round up to the final round. In case of a tie, a tie-breaking question will be asked in a “sudden death” manner (i.e., the first team to get the correct answer will earn a point). This is repeated until the tie is broken.
At the end of the difficult round, teams will be ranked first, second and third place based on their total scores.
- First Place – Cash + Certificates
For inquiries, please contact:
Chairman, Open Quiz Show
3rd ICI-ICT Week Celebration
Diocesan Centrum Bldg. Salvador Lluch St.
Brgy. Poblacion, Iligan City