The Digital Animation Competition is a competition of creating 2D animation using Adobe Flash. The event is open to all ICI students and students from schools within Iligan City and its neighboring municipality
Date and Venue
- Day 1 – February 6, 2013
- 1:00 PM – 1:15 PM – Registration
- 1:15 PM – 1:30 PM – Orientation about the Rules and Guidelines
- 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM – Competition Proper
- ICI – ANNEX1 – CL5
Participants must be a student and currently enrolled (proofs needed: school ID and certificate of registration/enrollment or a certification from the school) in ICI or any secondary school or in an undergraduate degree program in any School/College/University within Iligan City and its neighboring municipalities. Any question of eligibility should be directed to the Chairman of the Digital Animation Contest.
Note: ICI students involved in any of the ICI-ICT Week committees are NOT ALLOWED to join.
Due to the limitation of computing resources, the number of participants is limited to twenty (20). Registration will be on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and you can pre-register by going to the Academic Head Office – Rm. 312 Diocesan Centrum Bldg. Salvador Lluch St., Iligan City.
- Registration: FREE
- Pre-Registration (on or before February 6, 2013, 12:00 NN)
Contestants will be using Adobe Flash to build and animate objects. Downloading of readymade animation and images is strictly prohibited. A point (1) deduction per judge will be imposed if the technical committee sees this violation.
Competition Proper – Rules and Guidelines
- Contestants must be in the venue 30 minutes before the competition proper – 1:30PM.
- Contestants must present their valid School ID or Certificate of Enrollment.
- Contestants are provided with one (1) PC where they can build their animation.
- From the start of the competition, teams are entitled 3 hours to script and animate objects. Teams are advised to constantly save their work in case of power interruption. Any entries not received after the allotted time is disqualified.
- There should only be one (1) application running during the competition proper which is the software to be used: Adobe Flash.
- A minimum of 1 minute and maximum of 3 minute animation in the presentation is required, excluding credits or stills.
- Using of other input devices excluding mouse and keyboard are not allowed. (eg. Pen tablet)
- Participants are prohibited to use other computer units. (e.g. personal laptop)
- Entries should be saved with the following filename format: ContestantInitials_PartcipantsNo.fla
- Example: Juan Dela Cruz – No. 8
- Filename: JDC_8.fla
- Each participant is entitled to submit only one (1) entry. Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be changed or replaced.
- Any violation of the Rules and Guidelines is subject to disqualification.
- Organizers reserve the right, if necessary, to modify the rules and/or proceedings of the competition, in order to rule out cheating, fraud, and etc. The committee has the right to take the necessary steps to monitor the events of the competition in their entirety, and actively rule out any attempts of cheating.
- The result once announced is final and irrevocable.
- The theme for the competition will be revealed during the competition proper.
- Winners will be announced on the Awarding Ceremony, Day 3 – February 8, 2013, 2:00PM – 5:00PM, ICI-ANNEX1-TL1, CCFFI Bldg. Benito Labao St., Iligan City
Criteria for Judging
The winners are determined by the judges’ votes. The judges’ vote is based on the following criteria:
Technique (Animation and Effects) 40 pts
Creative presentation of the theme 30 pts
(Relevance of Storyline to the theme)
Visual Appeal 30 pts
TOTAL 100 pts
- First Place – Cash + Certificates
For inquiries, please contact:
Chairman, Digital Animation Competition
3rd ICI-ICT Week Celebration
Diocesan Centrum Bldg. Salvador Lluch St.
Brgy. Poblacion, Iligan City