The Computer Hardware Servicing Competition is a competition that measures the skills of the participants in the field of Computers and Networking. The event is open to all ICI students and students from schools within Iligan City and its neighboring municipality
Date and Venue
- Day 2 – February 7, 2013
- 9:00 AM – 9:15 AM – Registration
- 9:15 AM – 9:30 AM – Orientation about the rules regarding the Written Exam
- 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM – Elimination Round (Online Exam)
- 11:30 AM – 12:00 NN – Announcement of Top 5 teams
- 12:00 NN – 1:00 PM – Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM – Orientation about the rules regarding the Actual Exam
- 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM – Elimination Round (Actual Exam)
- ICI Main – CL2 (WRITTEN)
- ICI Annex1 – TL2 (ACTUAL)
Each team shall consist of two (2) members. Team members must be a student and currently enrolled (proofs needed: school ID and certificate of registration/enrollment or a certification from the school) in ICI or any secondary school or in an undergraduate degree program in any School/College/University within Iligan City and its neighboring municipalities. Any question of eligibility should be directed to the Chairman of the Computer Hardware Servicing Competition.
Note: ICI students involved in any of the ICI-ICT Week committees are NOT ALLOWED to join.
Due to the limitation of computing resources, the number of teams is limited to twenty (20) only. Registration will be on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and you can pre-register by going to the Academic Head Office – Rm. 312 Diocesan Centrum Bldg. Salvador Lluch St., Iligan City. The following registration fees will be collected per participant:
- Registration: FREE
- Pre-Registration (on or before February 6, 2012, 5:00 PM)
This competition includes topics on CISCO Networking Academy Program and Computer Hardware Servicing NC II taken from TESDA. It is divided into two (2) categories:
- Online Exam
- Actual Exam – assemble and disassemble; software installation and networking.
Competition Proper – Rules and Guidelines
- Teams must be in the venue 30 minutes before the competition proper – 9:00AM.
- The competition is schedule for 1 day. 9AM to 12NN is for the WRITTEN EXAM and 1PM to 5PM will be used for the ACTUAL EXAM.
- The competition is based on elimination; thus, at the first round, participants will take an online examinations and only the top five (5) will proceed to the second round elimination; they will perform hands-on exams in disassembling and assembling computers, installing software and peripherals, and networking; and only the top five will proceed to the third and final round elimination; they will undergo panel interviews with the judges based on computer troubleshooting.
- During hands-on exams, each participating team will be judged according to the safety, speed and accuracy criteria. One-third (1/3) of the online exam scores and two-third (2/3) of the hands-on exam scores will be the basis to determine the top 3 competing team.
- Organizers reserve the right to, if necessary modify the rules and/or proceedings of the competition, in order to rule out cheating, fraud, and etc. The committee has the right to take the necessary steps to monitor the events of the competition in their entirety, and actively rule out any attempts of cheating.
- Winners will be announced on the Awarding Ceremony, Day 3 – February 8, 2013, 2:00PM – 5:00PM, ICI-ANNEX1-TL1, CCFFI Bldg. Benito Labao St., Iligan City
- The result once announced is final and irrevocable.
- First Place – Cash + Certificates
For inquiries, please contact:
Chairman, Computer Hardware Servicing Competition
3rd ICI-ICT Week Celebration
Diocesan Centrum Bldg. Salvador Lluch St.
Brgy. Poblacion, Iligan City